Monday, January 21, 2013

A Compilation of Some Funny Engineering Memes/Jokes/Pictures/etc..!

Hey all! Now, I know in my first post, I elaborated that the main topic of these posts would be the Canucks, but I'm not really interested in dissecting a goaltending controversy (there isn't one!) right now, so I decided I'd post some Engineering stuff! Because, well, I'm a nerd. And I'm studying Engineering. And I like humour. There ya go.

Side Note: If the media in Vancouver does decide to blow this goaltending controversy further out of proportion than it already is (which is entirely likely), then I'll most likely write a post on my take on it (there is no controversy!).

Anyhoot, let's get started!

This one is a personal favourite of mine, and were the dimensions right, it would definitely be the lock screen background on my phone. Of course, it's not really humourous, but it's kickass due to the sheer volume of these types of pictures on the internet. None as good as this one though ;)

Another good one, that I just discovered this morning actually. Since a couple of days ago, I've been watching quite a bit of Dilbert, so this comic made my day right from the get-go. I do believe that a trip to the moon is indeed necessary for me sometime in the future. Now, if only it were that easy...

This one doesn't only apply to Engineers, but anyone who understands calculus could figure it out pretty easily. Pretty funny if I do say so myself!


 This time, a C++ one. I'm sure anyone who's tried to write a program has experienced this exact same reaction when they get a compiling error. Stupid semicolons.

Ah, the Taylor series. For those of you who don't know what that is, well, I can't really tell you, because I haven't learned it yet :P I do know that this picture is referring to it though, which makes it awesome.

Another picture I really enjoy (but can't find :( ) is one that reads "Engineers are 1/cos(c)". Yes, yes we are.

And to wrap up this post, a joke!

Two engineering students were walking across campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"
The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want."
The second engineer nodded approvingly, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fit."

Thanks for reading everyone! Hopefully a couple of these gave you a good chuckle!

PS: If you're looking for more humour, follow @EngineerMeme on Twitter, or "like" the Engineer Memes page on Facebook! This is where I got a lot of these pictures, so a big credit from this post goes to these pages!

2 comments:

  1. Engineering humour at it's finest! I really liked the dilbert one haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dilbert one is great eh? Hopefully that rumor's true if you make it into space!

    ReplyDelete